The Chicago Figure Skating Club sponsors a scholarship for full-time college and university students. The scholarships are to support figure skating after high school, to reward excellent academic achievement, and to promote long-term membership in CFSC. Yearly scholarships totaling $2,000 will be awarded as two awards of $1,000 each or four awards of $500 each. The recipients, who may reapply yearly, will be selected from students who meet the following criteria.
- You must be a Home club member of CFSC for at least the last 3 years
- You must be a current home club member in good standing and must maintain your home club status at CFSC for the year.
- You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited 4 year college, university or graduate school.
- You must continue your skating for the entire school year.
- You must have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Funds will be sent directly to your school/skating club in your name.
- High school seniors who receive a scholarship award must successfully complete their first semester with a 3.0 GPA or better before funds are disbursed.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your unofficial college transcript or in the case of high school seniors an unofficial high school transcript.
- An Official Transcript may be required of the scholarship winners.
- Send your application to:
Chicago Figure Skating Club
Mr. Michael Nardella
1097 Captains Lane
Wheeling, IL 60090
- All applications must be postmarked by July 31, of the current season.
Applications for the 2013-2014 season are now available. Download
Application Deadline is July 31!